Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

From TV to Table: Gordon Ramsay's Salmon En Croute from MasterChef Junior

My kids and I love watching MasterChef Junior. It's amazing to see what these young chefs can create. Besides being entertained and inspired, we also get hungry. Last week's episode featured Gordon Ramsay's Salmon En Croute with minted peas and potatoes. It is his daughter, Matilida's favorite meal, and after seeing how it's prepared I can see why.



For today's TV to Table talk, I decided to feature Gordon Ramsay's Salmon En Croute. Unfortunately I couldn't locate this recipe in my friend's collection of Ramsay cookbooks or online. So I made it from what I learned on the show, a recipe found online (which says it's Ramsay's but it was slightly different than shown on last week's episode) and Ramsay's video demo (See video clips and links below). My daughter and dear friend assisted and we ended up with a gourmet meal fit for kids and foodies alike. If you make this, please share stories and pics!


Salmon En Croute ala Jasmin

Gordan Ramsay's Salmon En Croute Demo



Be careful, this demo is fast. I had to watch this several times and there are no measurements (although with this recipe you can season to taste). Making this my first time, I used this recipe from Red to navigate my preparation.

FYI~ listen to other chef's recommendations and don't use leftover hollandaise sauce! Trust me, I tried with my leftovers the next day :) (if any of you readers have successfully used leftover hollandaise sauce do tell).


No comments:

Post a Comment